Wednesday 24 August 2011

Do you know who you are?

Its a question we have been asking this week.

DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE?

learning to hear God's voice and knowing what he thinks about us is so vital to how we view ourselves and that is what we have been learning this week; the heart of the father for us.

 we have just had 2 powerful weeks where God is moving. Students are realising that God wants to speak to them. they had the opportunity to spend an hour asking God :
What do you think of me?
What do you think of me God?
What do you think of me my creator?
What do you think of me Father?

It is such a powerful question to ask your creator and hear what He wants to say back. He always speaks so much truth into my life when i do this and it was such a privileged to hear some of the things he spoke into the lives of the students.

so do you know who you are?
I challenge you to ask your Father.

TESTIMONIES:
Every friday night we go into town to meet people and talk to them about Jesus. Last friday we prayed  and asked God for pictures and words. One student heard the name NICK. she felt like she found him a little later and asked if he was nick. he said YES! she got to tell him God wanted to speak to him and tell him how much God loved him. He said he was blown away because he had been doubting if believed in God for the last few days and wanted to know that he was real. It was a real encouragement to him and spoke into His life and an encouragement to our student as it confirmed to her that she can really hear from God and he does want to speak to her!

Last weekend i also got to celebrate my birthday! the amazingness of everyone here really blew me away, i felt so blessed and loved by all the efforts everyone put in to making it such a special time! it was also so encouraging that people took the time to  give me words and speak life over this year ahead and what God might have for me at this time. It was hard not be at home around family but it was good to be able to celebrate my birthday in such a great way none the less.


No comments: