Friday 12 December 2008

what are you living for??

something i struggle with since coming home is how i can use my days to glorify God?
when your a missionary and getting to speak to people and pray on nearly a daily basis its easy to see how God can use you... but when you find yourself making coffee and selling clothes, it becomes a little harder to see the eternal significance of your life! and thats hard for me.
a while back i did this strnegth finder test and it turned out that my main strength was belief meaning its very hard for me to devote my time to things that i dont deam important according to my values! (and surpirse surprise making coffee isnt one of them)
but then the other day i was reading col 3:17 "and whatever you do or say let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving thanks through him to God the father."
its not about WHAT i do its about HOW i do it! the conversations i have with people at work, the attitude i have while im there! everyone knows about my faith and everyone has their own preconceived ideas about what that means and how they will look at me.
so now every morning i wake up and remind myself that i could be the only Jesus they ever meet and thats a responsibility i dont take too lightly! i know the impact God has made on my life and if i am myself others will see it too. now i see the opportunities God is giving me... one guy is so full of questions and wants to talk about christianity ALL the time.... i just need increased boldness to keep going! to ensure my lifestyle is an example of Jesus!

No comments: